The Lyme Public Library lends WiFi Hotspots to Lyme Library card holders ages 18 and above with Library cards in good standing (i.e. library card is not blocked due to unpaid fines or lost material) and permanent Lyme residence for 90 days.
Hotspot checkout is limited to one per household. The lending period is one week, and the hotspots cannot be renewed or reserved. Hotspots are available at the circulation desk on a first-come first-served basis from the time of opening until one hour before the library closes.
The Library reserves the right to refuse service to patrons who abuse equipment or who are repeatedly late in returning electronic devices. The Library is not responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from use of de-
- A patron must present their library card and a government-issued photo identification to the LPL staff member on duty. At the time of check-out, the patron shall complete this Loan Agreement. Once a hotspot is checked out to a patron, it becomes the responsibility of that patron.
- Any changes in condition or content while in the patron’s care will be the patron’s responsibility. The patron is responsible for damage, loss, or theft. Patrons should have a basic working knowledge of the device on checkout. If any technical problems are encountered, patrons should return the device immediately to the Lyme Library Circulation Desk.
- Devices must be returned to the LPL Circulation Desk: at least: one (1) hour before the library closes, and should never be returned in the book drop or to another library. Devices returned in the book drop will result in a $10.00 fine. The hotspot will be examined to ensure it has not been tampered with. If damage to the device is discovered by Library staff, these costs will be added to the patron’s account.
- A returned hotspot must remain available in the library for 24 hours before the same patron, or another patron living in the same household, may check it out again.
- An overdue charge of $10 per day up to the full replacement cost of $200 will be charged for a hotspot that is not returned. Damaged devices or parts will be charged at full replacement cost. Patrons are responsible for full replacement cost if the device or any parts are lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise not returned. If the borrower fails to pay the re–placement cost for a lost device, they will be banned from the library. If devices are not returned in a timely manner, civil and criminal action will be taken. Three (3) late returns for any device checkout will result in being permanently banned from borrowing all devices.