With a valid Library card, which is free, you may:
Borrow free of charge
- Books from the library collection
- Books from other Connecticut libraries
- E-readers (Kindles and Nooks) preloaded with bestselling book titles
- Downloadable e-books, audiobooks, and magazines
Access Free of Charge via our web site
- Our online catalog findIT CT – the Connecticut Digital Library from any personal computer that has Internet access
- E-books, magazines, and downloadable audio books from Library Connection via Overdrive.
Use free of charge
3 High speed Internet PCs and 1 iMac to access:
- Online card catalog
- findIT CT system to locate books within the state
- researchIT CT, the Connecticut Digital Library
- Microsoft Office Software
- Free WiFi
2 iPads are also available for use within the library.
Use for a modest fee
- Copy machine
- Fax machine
Participate in library-sponsored programs (most are free).
Obtain reference help and computer help (free of course)
Program Application Form
If you would like to make a suggestion for a program you would like to see at the library please click here to access the “Program Application Form”. Once you have filled out the form bring it to the library and give it to a staff member at the circulation desk.
Meeting Room Application Form
If you need to book one of the library’s meeting rooms for a private presentation you will need to complete a Meeting Room Application Form (click here) and submit it to the library at the circulation desk for the Library Director’s approval. If you are a member of a Lyme town organization or simply need need to book a study room space call the library at 860-434-2272 and speak to a staff member who can assist you.
Visit your library often. It’s the best bargain in town!